PRIVACY & WEBSITE COOKIES POLICY
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy. Information we collect about you.
Making a booking
When you make a booking, through our website, on the phone or in person we will ask you to provide personal information about yourself. This could be your name, address and other contact details. The information and the information about your booking(s) is used to arrange your holiday accommodation and any other services you are requesting.
Filling out forms
We may collect information you provide when you fill out forms on our website, such as signing up to our newsletter, filling in our contact form or registering as a user on our website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
Use and storage of your information;
○ We have legal obligations to keep your personal data supplied safe. We will tell you how we will use your information and we will collect it fairly.
○ Your booking information is held securely on our third party, GDPR compliant booking system. The owners of the booking system have security in place to ensure data is kept safe at all times.
○ Information you provide to us will not be shared with third parties without your knowledge. We use the information to provide holiday services to you under our contractual obligation and to provide you with the best possible service. We may also use it to improve our products and services.
○ Limited information about your booking will be shared with the housekeepers involved in a booking, where necessary.
○ If you have consented to receive email marketing communications from us we will periodically send you emails which include offers, new products and holiday inspiration ideas that we think will be of interest to you. You are welcome to unsubscribe from our email communications by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will always ask for your explicit permission to send you direct marketing communications.
○ Payments transactions are carried out through independent third parties and governed by third party terms and conditions. We do not store or process credit card details, although direct bank transfers can be paid if preferred. North Lake Chapel uses Stripe for our online payments through the website.
We will hold your information on our systems for a period that we deem to be commercially viable.
○ You have the right to have all your information deleted from our systems.
○ You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you.
○ You have the right to change any incorrect information we hold about you.
○ You have the right to ask us to stop processing information about you. Should you wish to request this, please do so in writing to email@example.com
We take a proactive approach to user privacy on our website, and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of users throughout their visiting experience. Our website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide users with a tailored experience within the website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from our website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from our website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors if we choose to use referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting our website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
We may send regular email newsletters which are used to inform subscribers about services supplied by North Lake Chapel. Users can subscribe through an online form should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates our website. Under the General Data Protection Regulation you may request a copy of personal information held about you by our email newsletter program. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write us at North Lake Chapel, East Worlington, Crediton EX17 4TL or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email marketing campaigns published by North Lake Chapel may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity (this is by no far a comprehensive list).
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that our website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Our website nor its owners will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
Our website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.